Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just an old hack

I have chosen to add the Glider emblem to my sidebar.

Although its been years since I've seriously used a Unix OS or contributed to an OSS project, I still feel justified displaying it. Why? Well, I still use and believe in free software when I can (I'm looking at you SQLlite... Doxygen...)

I sign up for just about any web beta I can get my hands on, and although I don't test them (or write about my experience using them) nearly enough, I love seeing how I can tie all these services together.

I have forced ActiveX to play nice with COBOL.

I have ported text to speech software to another platform and integrated it to instant messaging for the sole purpose of reducing how often I had to switch windows while coding.

9 times out of 10, the VERY first thing I'll do after installing new software is look at every entry in the Tools/Options menu and/or the config files.

So, I proudly sport the emblem of the Glider. Here's with a big salute to all those keeping the true spirit alive. (We are all running under 23/3, right?)

Now, here's hoping I'll be able to set aside some time to make a good run once MetaPlace opens up...

No comments: